MISSIONS—EVERY BELIEVER’S CALLING
Noisy Offering (coins and paper money collected by the children the first Sunday of each month for a specific ministry)
- April—The Joy Center in Big Creek, Kentucky. One of our own members, Nancy Maurer, is a missionary here. These monies will support her mission. This area of Kentucky is very depressed and in need of Christ. Nancy supports the people she meets by assisting with food delivery, clothing ministry, Bible study, and assisting the pastor in countless ways.
- May--SHINE-a local mission that assists people in Kenmore with painting and upkeep on homes in the area. This mission is an outreach to the community with the majority of the work being completed by high schoolers.
MISSION TRIP OPPORTUNIES:
- Local mission trip---The Kenmore Free Store—trips available every Tuesday (4PM-7PM) and every Saturday (9AM-12noon) unless there is a holiday. Come be Jesus’s hands and feet, assist with sorting items, checking customers in and out, and placing items within the free store for purchase. All items are free to customers of the free store. Please see Keith Weaver or Mary Ann Gesaman, if interested.
- TEAMS for Medical Missions—arrives in Jamaica every 3 months-- May, August, November 2016 and etc. Please see Susie Partridge if interested in being a part of this team that includes a medical, building and encouragement branches on each trip.
- The Joy Center in Big Creek, Kentucky—tentatively leaving September 12th after church and returning on September 16th. Please see Mary Ann Gesaman, if interested.
- Zoe trip—July 12-21, cost $1090 plus airfare. Special opportunity to see God's hand at work in the lives of orphans in Zimbabwe. Please see Mary Ann Gesaman if interested.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS! Our annual Silent Auction to benefit our short term mission fund will be held on Sunday, May 1, 2016 at 6PM. Watch future bulletins for more details.